Important Dates for 2023 Elections

  • July 28 - If a political subdivision has taken formal action to participate in the Coordinated Election, it must notify the county clerk in writing.
  • July 28 - Last day for a local government who wants to conduct a ranked voting election in a Coordinated Election to give the county clerk notice.
  • August 9 - First day a candidate for the office of school district director may circulate a nomination petition.
  • August 29 - Deadline for county clerk and coordinating political subdivisions to sign IGAs for 2023 Coordinated Election.
  • September 1 - Last day for candidates for the office of school district director to file a nomination petition.
  • September 5 - Last day to file and affidavit of intent to run as a write-in candidate for non-partisan coordinated election.
  • September 8 - Last day for designated election official from each political subdivision that intends to conduct an election to certify the ballot content.  If the election will be coordinated with the county, the certification must be delivered to the county clerk and recorder of each county that has territory within the political subdivision.
  • October 16 - First day mail ballots may be sent to voters, except UOCAVA voters.
  • October 30 - Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, voter registration agency, local driver's license examination facility, or online to receive a mail ballot for the Coordinated Election.
  • October 30 - VSPC's open
  • November 7 - Coordinated Election
  • November 15 - Last day ballots cast by military and overseas electors to be received by the county clerk in order to be counted.


Elections Department

Sedgwick County Clerk & Recorder

315 Cedar St Suite 220

Julesburg, CO 80737

Phone: 970-474-3346

Fax: 970-474-0954



govotecolorado.gov - Register to Vote / Update Voter Information Online


How to Run for Office - A Candidate's Guide

  • Be a US Citizen
  • 16 years of age (You must be 18 years or older on the day of the election in order to vote)
  • Resident of the State of Colorado for at least 22 days before the election
  • Not serving a sentence of confinement, detention, or parole for a felony conviction

  • Every active registered voter will receive a ballot by mail. You may return your ballot by mail or bring it to the Sedgwick County Clerk &, Recorder's office. We also have a 24 Hour Ballot Drop Box located in the parking lot behind the courthouse. Ballots will be accepted until 7pm on election day.
  • You may also vote in person at the Sedgwick County Clerk & Recorder's office 8 days before the Election (15 days before a General election).

A valid Colorado driver’s license or valid identification card issued by the Colorado Department of Revenue. (Note: documents issued to not lawfully present and temporarily lawfully present individuals under Part 5 of Article 2 of Title 42, C.R.S. are not acceptable forms of identification.) A valid U.S. passport.

  • A valid employee identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. government or of Colorado, or by any county, municipality, board, authority, or other political subdivision of Colorado.
  • A valid pilot’s license issued by the federal aviation administration or other authorized agency of the U.S.
  • A valid U.S. military identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector.
  • A copy of a current (within the last 60 days) utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector.
  • A Certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaskan Native Blood.
  • A valid Medicare or Medicaid card issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
  • A certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate for the elector.
  • Certified documentation of naturalization.
  • A valid student identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by an institute of higher education in Colorado, as defined in section 23-3.1-102(5), C.R.S..
  • A valid veteran identification card issued by the U.S. department of veterans affairs veterans health administration with a photograph of the eligible elector.
  • A valid identification card issued by a federally recognized tribal government certifying tribal membership.

Any form of identification listed above that shows your address must show a Colorado address to qualify as an acceptable form of identification.