*Sedgwick County Motor Vehicle Department can process title's and registrations for Sedgwick County residents only. Contact the county you reside in for information.*
Be prepared to provide your proof of insurance.
For title and registration requirements, please visit https://dmv.colorado.gov/vehicles.
All vehicles, trailers &, special mobile machinery are require to be registered within sixty days after purchase (42-3-103(1)(a)CRS) or within 90 days after becoming a resident of Colorado. (New residents are required to provide proof of residency.) Failing to do so will result in late fees of $25 a month up to $100. Vehicles without motive power under 16,000 lbs have a $10 late fee as of July 1, 2010.
Sales tax (if applicable) will be collected when processing titles(Based off the purchase price of vehicle minus any trade-in vehicle).
- 2.9% State Tax
- 3% County Tax
- 2.3% Julesburg Town Sales/Use Tax
- 1% Ovid Town Sales/Use Tax
- 1% Sedgwick Town Sales Tax (exempt from Use Tax)
Sedgwick County does not require emissions inspections on vehicles.
Motor Vehicle Services
Visit mydmv.colorado.gov to:
- Renew Registration
- First-Time Registration
- Duplicate Title
- Duplicate Registration Card
- Registration Fee Estimator
- Add/Change Vehicle Address
- Request Personalized Plate
- Tab Replacement
- First-Time Application Disability Placards
- Manage your Placards
- Get a Transaction Receipt
- Request Title/registration History Report
- Request a Title Status
- Title & Register Vehicles
- Title Off-Highway Vehicles
- Title Manufactured Homes
- Renew Registrations
- Print Duplicate Titles
- Print Duplicate Registrations
- Plate/Tab Replacements
- Temporary Permits
- Regular VIN Inspections($10 fee)
- Disabled Placards